Post#4:My Journey into PhD Research thus Far!!!!

 

                                                                           X-Ray of Boy . (n.d.). https://pixabay.com/vectors/x-ray-anatomy-bone-medical-310166/ .





I have been mentally shaken!!!!!....for the better?!!. 

Let's first understand my situation,  I am a Certified  Healthcare Technology Manager. A significant part of my job requirements is to keep updated with the new and old developments in Healthcare technology. 

I also have to design specifications for medical equipment being purchased and select such equipment for usage.

Therefore, I always have to be researching and turning that information into applications that citizens can use.

When I saw the particular problem that I wanted to resolve. The solution that I presently have in my head; I do believe it would effectively change the way things are done, if implemented, for the country.

I consider myself to be quite successful to an extent in my endeavors at my current  "level".  

I realized that the actual problem stems even higher (the root or to say"root cause"),  and the only way to get at it was to research at that level. 

Some people may call the state of wanting to solve a problem so bad that you are willing to spend "life" on solving the issue "passion"; to me, however, honestly, I am just angry and to the point where enough is enough. 

I registered to do my PhD as I want to do something about our National problem in Healthcare Technology, I wanted to mitigate this issue and at this level, I would have greater influence. 

I soon understood that the very concept of the problem had to be validated.

I  couldn't rely on my understanding thus far. 

I have to literally start thinking completely opposite to how I have been developed to think thus far.

 "Honestly, it feels like my brain has been/is being rewired!!!."

Also, with the amount of research and papers to read and normal life going on at the same time, it feels a bit over the top.

However, I am fascinated by the research and the new way I am understanding things now. I choose to go forward with this study and complete my research. 


Comments

  1. Driven by a strong sense of purpose and dissatisfaction with the status quo, it sounds like you're going through a significant shift in the way you approach your work and your profession. It shows a laudable commitment to addressing the systemic challenges in healthcare technology, that the core of the problem is even higher than previously believed, and that research at that level has been committed to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post#1 Healthcare Technology Governance : An analysis of Trinidad &Tobago

Post#3 Healthcare Technology and its importance to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS)